PCA Earns Cognia Accreditation for 18th Consecutive Year
Prattville Christian Academy received a 5-year accreditation approval from Cognia™, a nonprofit organization that provides quality assurance for schools, school districts, and education service providers. The purpose of accreditation is to ensure that students are being served to the school’s maximum potential. During an accreditation visit, a team of individuals from within the association conduct a thorough onsite review that provides information to the school about recommended areas of growth and highlights areas of excellence.
Cognia, formerly AdvancED, nationally recognizes schools and districts that meet rigorous standards focused on productive learning environments, equitable resource allocation that meets the needs of learners, and effective leadership. Earning accreditation from the Cognia Global Accreditation Commission means that the school is accredited, and that Prattville Christian Academy is recognized across the nation as a school that meets Cognia Standards of Quality, and maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
“School accreditation as conferred by the Cognia Global Accreditation Commission provides PCA with a nationally recognized mark of quality for our school,” said Kim Stephenson, academic director. “It demonstrates to our community PCA’s commitment to excellence, an openness to external review and feedback, and the desire to be the best we can be on behalf of the students we serve.”
During PCA’s most recent review, the onsite accreditation team noted the following special commendations and powerful school practices unique to PCA as a Cognia and National Christian School Association (NCSA) private school.
- Pursuing and reaching the National Blue Ribbon School designation
- Creation of specialized student learning options outside the general classroom through resource and gifted programs
- Relationship formation at the classroom and school-level of a family atmosphere
- Biblical integration across all classrooms, subjects, and grade-levels with no deficiencies noted
- Quality education in which every class showed: challenging but attainable education, high expectations for every student, evident differentiation in classrooms, great teacher/student relationships
Dr. Mark A. Elgart, president and CEO of Cognia, stated, “Cognia Accreditation is a rigorous process that focuses the entire school and its community on the primary goal of preparing lifelong learners in engaging environments where all students can flourish. Prattville Christian Academy is to be commended for demonstrating that it has met high standards, and is making progress on key indicators that impact student learning.”
To read more about PCAs most recent accreditation review, click here.